The Adventurers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another School Year Brings Another Birthday :)

Well, I started my 6th year of teaching, but first year at Chesnee Elementary School on August 15, 2011. It was quite a start!  Transitioning from one way of doing things at Colony Bend to a totally new way is a lot of work. I have definitely kept busy!  I teach 5th grade Reading, Writing, and Social Studies this year! I am so loving the kids.  They work hard and are a blast to interact with and be around.  The 30 minute drive there at 6:10 every morning is a nice time to ponder and listen to scriptures.  I have really enjoyed that time of reflection to myself.  It gets me ready for the day...at least in the right mind set.  What a blessing it is to be spritually fed to begin your day. 

As each school year starts, I know that my birthday will be coming around the corner quickly.  I turned 27 this year! I am getting old! Yikes.  My birthday was a nice day.  It started off like any other.  I went to work.  There I was greeted by a huge banner on my door and my kids singing "Happy Birthday" to me.  How cool was that!  My other class sang to me at lunch.  At Chesnee, teachers eat lunch with their students every day.  Just a side note.  Anyways, when I got home, Jason took me to dinner at a Japanese restaurant named Fuji.  It was actually really good.  :)  Then we drove around everywhere to find a decent birthday dessert.  Jason doesn't  "cook cakes" so we ended up at Ruby Tuesdays.  We ordered a chocolate and Italian Creme cake. Yum!  They even gave us an extra red velvet cupcake.  That is the cupcake that I was able to put a couple of candles in while Jason sang me the most lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" I have ever heard.  It was a great day.  I got to spend and talk to the people I love most. 

I have to say that it has been an interesting few days to begin my 28th year of living.  I think I have started losing my mind. I actually almost walked out of my house without any shoes on!  Crazy times in the life of Kristin Anderson.  One day I will get a grasp on things...one day.

Jason is doing great in school.  He has had his first two tests, and he did really well.  He has another two coming up on Monday.  Keep him in your prayers!  These are some toughies!  I am learning so much (more than I really would like to) about viruses and what they do to the body. Pretty interesting stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment