The Adventurers

Monday, July 11, 2011

South Carolina, here we come...

Well, after packing, packing and more packing...we finally made it out of the doors and on the road.  My mom, Devin, Cory, and I headed out Thursday morning around 9.  It was quite an easy drive. The only congestion happened in Atlanta at 12:00 AM!  Who would have thunk?  We planned to get to our new place around 1:00 am and start the painting.   Jason and my brother, Ryan, left Houston later that day in the UHAUL, towing Jason's car. 


 If we were to paint all night, we would be ready for move in by the time they arrived.  Well, when we arrived at the house, the power and water company didn't come like they said they would. I was kinda mad...we couldn't do anything that night in the pitch black dark! We ended up at the hotel for 4 hours.  The next day we were able to paint and work by sunlight until the power, water, and gas companies came. Jason and Ryan ended up getting here around 2:00.  We worked all day and got all of the rooms painted that day....all 7 of them.  We were beat and HUNGRY! Devin and I went and found the closest pizza joint...CC's was our hero!



The next day was busy moving things around, building furniture, cleaning, and getting things on the walls.  Here are some before and after pics. 

Before: Entry way and Living Room
  
After: Entry and Living Room

Before: Dining Room

After: Dining Room
Before: Guest Room (Upstairs)
After: Guest Room
Before: Jason's Study (Upstairs)


After: Jason's Study

  
 There will be more pics coming. I still have to finish my room! Hopefully my bed frame will come soon!
Anyways, I have never seen my family and my husband work so hard. I am so thankful for them and love them so much. We are going to miss Texas like none other.  I appreciate everyone helping us make this home feel like a home. Thank you, Mommy, Devin, Ryan, and Cory! Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing before and afters but I wouldn't expect anything less especially when your mom is involved. It looks like such a fun place. Hopefully I will see you at the wedding. Also I need your mailing address and if you have a different email. The one I used before keeps bouncing back when I try and send Ryan's letters. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay wow! You guys really know how to crank it out. I'm super impressed that you painted 7 rooms that quickly and got the place so put together so fast. I seriously want you guys to help us the next time we move and unpack :)

    ReplyDelete